Wednesday, 2 November 2011

"Disbelief"

So the competition for the Day of the Diesels toys has finished. Monumentally successful - 5000+ entries.

Within one hour - yes, ONE HOUR - of it finishing, I get a group of around twenty Youtubers asking "when are you announcing the winners?" by PM and on the video.

One hour. 5000+ entries to collate before drawing out of a hat.

5000+ entries to go through - what did you expect? Within the hour? One day? One week?

Unbelievable.

The winner of the competition will be drawn and announced on the 30th November 2011, exactly one month after the competition ended.

I had planned on a few bonus prizes for "best comment", "most posted entries" etc etc, but I'm not so sure I'll bother now.

5000+ entries to get through, by the way.

Thanks to everyone who was sensible and understanding throughout this contest.

4 comments:

  1. I don't really envy you going through all those entries, but it is a fantastic competition idea, and thank you for taking the time to organise it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, I predicted this would sort of happen, since people are busting their buffers over the take n play models of the DOTD characters. It was fun partaking in this competition, and I hope something else like this occurs in the future (with prizes that'll be even more interesting that is)... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5000 entries? Amazing! It was fun taking part, but I manage to get the major new characters such as Belle, Flynn, Den and Dart at shops, Thomas events and even on eBay. I'm still planning to get Sidney and Paxton and the talking Flynn off of eBay, I manage to get Norman too on eBay.

    Anyway, it was fun being part of it and I'm looking forward to other competition in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, I only answered the question because it was easy to answer.

    ReplyDelete